According to a new survey, 40% of us called in sick at least once this year when we WEREN’T really sick. That’s up 5% from 2016. The most common reason was for a doctor’s appointment.
Here are the ten WEIRDEST excuses bosses heard this year . . .
- An employee claimed they swallowed a toothpick at a restaurant.
- A guy couldn’t come in because he broke his arm wrestling a female bodybuilder.
- Someone, quote, “called in fat” because their uniform didn’t fit.
- A woman’s dog swallowed her keys, and she was waiting for them to come out.
- Their phone exploded and hurt their hand.